RT-130 / WCT - 23 May 2021
- Sun7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sat6:00 am - 4:00 pm
RT-130 / Fireline Work Capacity Testing
23 May 2021
7:00 am - 5:00pm
The intent of RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR) is to focus line-going personnel on operations and decision-making issues related to fireline safety in order to recognize and mitigate risk, maintain safe and effective practices, and reduce accidents and near misses.
The RT-130 modules provide a range of training options to meet NWCG position training requirements and agency-specific RT-130 course-hours requirements. The intent of the NWCG Executive Board is that, regardless of the agency-specific RT-130 course-hours requirements, all RT-130 training covers the core components identified below.
RT-130 Core Components
- Local Topics: (replacing Current Issues) Review and discuss local topics and areas of concern that can impact firefighter safety in the upcoming fire season. Topics may include:
- Incident Reviews and Lessons Learned (replacing Other Hazards and Safety Issues) Review and discuss lessons learned from past local, regional, and national incident response.
- Fire and Aviation Operational Safety: (replacing Entrapment Avoidance) Review and discuss the risk management principles and tools that promote safe and effective incident operations. Utilize the appropriate sections of the IRPG.
- Human Factors, Communication and Decision Making: Discuss the complexity of human factors, their impact on communications and decision making.
- Fire Shelters and Entrapment Avoidance: Review and discuss shelter use, deployment site selection, shelter inspections, personal protective equipment, and practice proper deployment techniques.
The Work Capacity Testing (Pack Test) will be conducted first and start at 6 am. You will need to dress appropriately for this event. Weighted vests and weighted back packs will be made available for you. A field day certificate will also be an option for an small additional fee.
Field Day Certificate
Participants must currently be 18 years or older.
Program enrollment capacity
Registration starts on 03/12/2021 and ends on 05/22/2021.
Spring Mills, PA 16875, USA