Wildland Fire Medical Technician Training Academy
Date: 20-25 Jan 2021
The SRTC Wildland Fire Medical Technician Training Academy is designed to provide the skills and knowledge needed to perform in the role of Fireline Medic (EMPF) or Fireline EMT (EMTF) as a Single Resource on Wildland Fires. Being a Fireline Medic or EMT is a challenging and lucrative seasonal occupation! However, companies still struggle to find quality and qualified personnel every season to fill resource orders. Many other courses are classroom only! This course will immerse our candidates in the field environment! Better preparing you for the real challenges of working on the firelines.
Topics include position overview; supplies and equipment; assignments as a Single Resource; lessons learned; Medical Unit Leader expectations; emergency evacuations; communications; documentation; navigation; individual responsibilities; wildland safety considerations; and medical emergencies specific to the wildland arena. This class gives the candidate the practical skill set and mental preparedness to be a deployment ready EMPF or EMT. The course is built on current guidelines and best practices for the position.
Upon successful completion of the course the candidate will receive:
1. A S-130 Field Day Certificate
2. Annual Work Capacity Completion Certificate
3. Wildland Fire Medical Technician Certificate
4. Letter with organizations that employ EMTFs and EMPFs for you to apply with.
5. Performance review letter from the course.
6. Completed SRTC Position Task Book(PTB) for EMPF or EMTF respectively.
This course meets or exceeds the currently established Firescope Curriculum for EMTF & EMPF; S-223.
1. Current EMT, EMT-Advanced, or EMT-Paramedic certification
2. ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
3. Wildland Firefighter Type 2 Online Training(FFT2)
4. Arduous Fitness Level.
5. Completion of the online SRTC Fireline Medical Modules
Additional Recommended Training:
1. A-100 Basic Aviation Safety Course
2. Wilderness EMT
A complete packing list for the course will be sent to you upon registration! All candidates are required to have a complete
Attendance does not guarantee employment or PTB Completion.
PTBs will be signed off as you complete the required tasks satisfactorily.
01/20/2022, 01/21/2022, 01/22/2022, 01/23/2022, 01/24/2022
Participants must currently be 18 years or older.
Registration starts on 07/21/2021 and ends on 01/20/2022.
Please contact Sergeant Rescue Training & Consulting if you have any questions.